McDonald’s accepts cash, cheques and visa cards. but If you are an Apple user, you must be looking to do McDonald’s take Apple pay.
This guide will show you how to use Apple Pay at McDonald’s. What are the benefits and drawbacks of using it?
Does Mcdonalds Take Apple Pay
Yes, McDonald’s take Apple Pay and all payments from all mobile wallets at any location. Apple Pay is the default payment method for Mcdonald’s.
Here’s a tweet on Apple Pay at McDonald’s
— McDonald’s (@McDonalds) October 20, 2014
Here’s a screenshot from McDonald’s FAQ, which shows that they accept Apple Pay and Apple Wallet.
All this is possible only if your Apple device has the Apple Pay Wallet installed!
This is a brief overview of Apple Pay and how it can be set up.
How to set up Apple Pay
Apple Pay is easy to set up and takes just a few minutes. These are the steps to follow:
- Open the wallet app for your iPhone
- Tap the ” +” button at the top-right corner.
- Tap Continue to the next screen
- Tap To Add Card
- Take a photo of your debit/credit card and then type the details
- Enter the expiration and CVV of your card.
- Select Next
- Scroll to the bottom of the T&Cs pages and select agree
- Select Continue
How to Use Apple Pay at McDonald’s With iPhone Face ID
Follow these steps if your iPhone has a FaceID to verify your identity.
- To pay with the selected card, double-click the side button on your phone.
- Face ID and your passcode can be used to confirm your identity
- When the NFC card reader detects your phone, place it near the screen until you see a checkmark. Then, “Done” will appear on the screen.
How to Use Apple Pay at McDonald’s With Your Apple Watch
Follow these steps to use Apple Pay at McDonald’s using your iPhone and Touch ID.
- To pay with the card you have selected, place your finger on Touch ID.
- Hold your phone near the NFC reader until “Done” appears on the screen. A checkmark will then appear on the display.
How Use Apple Pay at McDonald’s With Your Apple Watch
Follow these steps to use Apple Pay at McDonald’s with your Apple Watch.
- To pay with the selected card, first double-click on the side button.
- Your Apple Watch should be positioned near the NFC reader so that it faces down.
- Your watch will give you a buzz when your payment is successful.
How to use Apple Pay in a McDonald’s DriveThru
Apple Pay works the same way at a McDonald’s cashier or drive-thru.
- Simply double-click on the side button, glance at your iPhone, or enter your passcode.
- Then, hold your iPhone close to the card reader until it completes.
- The same cash registers are used in drive-thrus as they are in other areas of a restaurant.
How to use Apple Pay in the McDonald’s App?
Apple Pay is available in-store, online, and inside apps. To pay for food and drinks ->Select Buy with Apple Pay and use your Touch ID/Face ID .
This method works with many other apps and websites. However, you will need to use Safari browser as Firefox, Chrome, Edge and other browsers aren’t yet supported.
Keep in mind, McDelivery uses Uber Eats as a delivery service. If you order Mcdonalds Delivery, you will be redirected directly to Uber Eats to complete your order.
Depending on your location, there may be DoorDash or GrubHub available to deliver your McDonald’s order.
Similar to UberEats. You will be redirected at these third-party apps to place your order.
McDonald’s app makes using Apple Pay easy with a click at checkout to pick up orders.
Is there a limit to Apple Pay at McDonald’s
With Apple Pay, there are no limit on how much you can spend at McDonald’s. There is no limit to how many fast food items you can order.
There is no limit to how much money you can spend before you need to sign or provide a PIN. In the USA, the limit is $50, and in Europe, it’s EUR50. You can also spend an equivalent amount in other countries where Apple Pay or contactless payments are generally available.
You can’t spend more than 250 Canadian dollars in one transaction. This is true for Canada as well as other countries. This is too much fast food.
What other payment methods can I use at this restaurant?
We will be able to make payments at McDonald’s.
- Debit card.
- Credit card
- You can also use other mobile wallets like Venmo, PayPal, CashApp, and Venmo.
- Gift cards
Other Fast Food Companies That Accept Apple Pay
You might wonder if Apple Pay is accepted at other fast-food restaurants if you are a fan of fast food.
There are many options.
Here is a list of other fast-food restaurants that accept Apple Pay.
- Panera Bread
- White Castle
- Taco Bell
- Baskin Robbins
- Jack in The Box
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Baskin Robbins
Apple Pay is accepted at other restaurants as well. However, this list will help you get started.
You can find a detailed breakdown in our post on fast food places that accept Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is quickly becoming the preferred method of payment due to its safety, identity protection and convenience.
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that you can order your favorite McDonald’s food without having to pay a cent. Apple Pay is available at McDonald’s, so you can get a McCafe espresso in your morning, a McChicken sandwich or a Big Mac lunch meal.
You can find more information about McDonald’s by reading the articles below.