Treatment for Bronchitis
Treatment for Bronchitis – You know that bronchitis is an acute inflammatory condition accompanied by spending excessive mucus to the bronchial trunk. The biggest cause of this condition is due to a viral infection that is 90%, but can also be caused due to a bacterial infection, which is 5-10%, and due to the irritation due to dust or the use of inhalers.
Acute bronchitis can occur at any age and can be transmitted through droplets. You can recognize the symptoms and signs, as follows:
– A cough that gets worse in the night, it could be accompanied by sputum production colored that is clear, white, or greenish yellow, sometimes accompanied by blood
– Tired, weak, lethargic
– Runny nose, hoarseness
– Chest pain
– Out of breath
Provision of information and knowledge to sufferers of bronchitis is very important to do. According to our Health and Beauty’s dictionary, by educating the bronchitis patient, it will accelerate the process of treatment and recovery as well as reducing the worst thing that can be caused by the disease is bronchitis. Some things that can be done to educate people with bronchitis, among others:
– Patients should drink lots of water to prevent the dry throat
– Patients should also rest with ample; if it need they have to bed rest
– Avoiding triggers
– Maintain moisture airways by inhaling steam
– Quit smoking, if the patient is a smoker because smoking can thwart the body’s defense mechanisms.
To provide comfort to the patient will require treatment of acute bronchitis. This is necessary because basically bronchitis acute are self-limiting.
Antibiotic therapy is not recommended, unless there is a fever and a cough that lasts more than 6 days. However, if the cause of bronchitis patients suspected of involvement the airway bacteria, such as S. pneumonia, H. influenza can be considered them to use it. Antibiotics are useful to reduce the spread of bacteria. Antibiotics that can be used as an option is a class of macrolides is erythromycin, Klaritromicin, Azithromycin; Amoxicillin-Clavulanat.
Other drugs used in the Treatment for Bronchitis, among others:
1. Analgesic antipyretics, such as paracetamol, Ibuprofen. Avoid the use of salicylate drugs in children because of the risk of causing Reye’s syndrome.
2. Bronchodilators, such as Salbutamol. This drug is useful to reduce the duration and severity of coughing patients. The use of bronchodilators for 7 days will give a good response.
3. Antihistamines, such as CTM, Promethazine, Loratadine.
4. Antitusif, dextromethorphan or codeine if nonproductive cough and settled for 2-3 weeks.
Mukolitik use to dilute phlegm, but it clinically is unproven yet.
To be more convincing in the handling of bronchitis and its treatment so that you get the right of user guides and rules of consumption, well then you should immediately consult a doctor that you trust.
That’s all about Treatment for Bronchitis.
Tags: bronchitis, acute bronchitis, caused of bronchitis, caused of acute bronchitis, bronchitis suffers don’t do, drug to treat bronchitis, symptoms and signs bronchitis, bronchitis and its treatment, Treatment for Bronchitis