Tips to Prevent Bronchitis
Tips to prevent bronchitis – Bronchitis can be avoided by following simple precautions. Here are tips to prevent bronchitis in children and adults.
Bronchitis, respiratory disorders, occurs when the airways become inflamed or swollen. Acute bronchitis is inflammation of the trachea and bronchi large or small in the lungs. The trachea as well as the large bronchi and also the small one are the airways in the lungs.
Various viruses such as influenza A and B as well as bacteria such as Mycoplasma pneumoniae, can cause bronchitis. When exposed to this disease, the airways become irritated and swollen. Sputum can accumulate in the lungs and will come out simultaneously with the cough. However, a cough that occurs continuously causing discomfort, a damage of the lungs and airways. Symptoms of bronchitis include a persistent cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, colds, flu, wheezing, etc.
According to our Health and Beauty’s dictionary, Bronchitis is composed of two types, namely acute and chronic. In acute cases, symptoms can be directly visible, but the disease does not last long.
On the other hand, chronic bronchitis is a disease that is durable. The symptoms of chronic bronchitis can be mild or severe and appear repeatedly. This disease often develops after colds and flu. Although there are methods of treatment available, you should follow precautions to prevent bronchitis.
How to prevent bronchitis
Preventive measures to prevent bronchitis are simple and uncomplicated. You can do some tips to prevent bronchitis as following below.
1. Smokers and people with weakened immune systems are more susceptible to bronchitis. Therefore, precautions should be taken to avoid both.
2. Vaccination against viral infection is the best preventive action to prevent bronchitis. Vaccination minimizes the risk of contracting the disease to a great extent. Influenza vaccine is an annual vaccine to protect against the influenza virus.
3. By wearing a mask prevent air pollution, such as dust and pollen to enter the airways. People who work in the metal industry or mining are also at high risk of contracting bronchitis. Therefore, they should wear a mask. Physician or volunteer in charge also had to wear masks because they are constantly in touch with patients suffering from infectious diseases.
4. The disease can spread rapidly from one person to another. Therefore, you should limit being around people who suffer from colds and flu. Preventing from this condition also can prevent complications such as bronchitis.
5. Having a balanced diet of healthy and nutritious foods will boost immunity. The immune system protects a person from infected by the virus that causes the disease. You must include fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts in your daily diet to boost immunity.
6. Using a handkerchief when sneezing or coughing, wash hands, and also use the cleaners. Then, you also do not share personal equipment and clothing of people who suffer from infectious diseases.
7. Smoking is one of the prominent causes of bronchitis. When a person smokes, he inhaled tobacco smoke. The inhaled smoke causes irritation of the airways, which subsequently led to bronchitis. Therefore, smoking habits must be stopped completely.
8. You may not realize it, but secondhand smoke is also harmful to health such as the active smokers. Exposure to cigarette smoke can irritate the bronchi and cause bronchitis. Therefore, you should avoid smoking habits or being in the cigarette company or being in the area filled with cigarette smoke.
Always keep in mind that smoking can induce bronchitis. Although bronchitis is often found in active and passive smokers, it is wise to follow all the steps in preventing the bronchitis. This can help in leading a healthy life. And lastly, you should always remember that prevention is better than cure. And the next best thing in evades bronchitis is to follow tips to prevent bronchitis.
Tags: Tips to Prevent Bronchitis, prevent bronchitis, prevent bronchitis after cold, prevent bronchitis from becoming pneumonia, prevent bronchitis naturally, how to prevent bronchiolitis in babies, prevent bronchitis toddler, prevent bronchitis asthma, prevent bronchitis after flu, prevent chronic bronchitis, prevent acute bronchitis, mucinex prevent bronchitis, prevent spreading bronchitis, prevent getting bronchitis, singulair prevent bronchitis, prevent coughing bronchitis, prevent oncoming bronchitis, prevent treat bronchitis, prevent seasonal bronchitis, how to prevent bronchitis when you have a cold, how to prevent bronchitis from getting worse, preventing allergic bronchitis, how to prevent bronchitis attacks, how to prevent bronchitis and pneumonia, how to prevent bronchitis after being exposed, how to prevent a bronchitis, can i prevent acute bronchitis, prevent baby bronchitis, prevent cold becoming bronchitis, how to prevent bacterial bronchitis