Speed Up Your Metabolism To Lose Weight – What is the definition of metabolism? The process whereby the body burns calories and converts them into useful energy is described as metabolism.
Our ability to lose weight is basically dependant on our metabolic rate. Less fat is stored in the body when you speed up your metabolism because food is being processed more quickly. By increasing your metabolism, existing fat will start to burn off so that the body can obtain the energy it needs to sustain itself.
Speeding up your metabolism ought to form the basis for any weight loss plan you take on. The food we eat provides the energy that our body needs. The main sources of energy our body needs are amino acids as well as fatty acids which the enzymes in our digestive system produce by breaking down the protein in our food. These are absorbed by our blood and dispersed to every part of our body.
There are numerous factors that influence the metabolism of an individual, such as the amount of muscle tissue, the frequency of the meals one eats, heredity factors, stress levels, personal diet and activity levels.
There are numerous ways by which you can speed up your metabolism:
– Without regular exercise it is just about impossible to speed up your metabolism. Exercise a minimum of two times weekly with weights if possible, to build up strength and resistance. Do easy exercises in between workouts. Simple tasks like walking the dog and using the stairs instead of the elevator can already take off calories. Speeding up your metabolism and hence losing weight, can be achieved by exercising. When you exercise, the speed of your metabolism increases and it remains high for as long as up to 8 hours after your last exercise.
– Not only does getting adequate exercise speed up your metabolism, but it can improve your general wellbeing and slow down the process of ageing.
– Eat breakfast. The most important meal of the day is breakfast, and should not be skipped. More frequently than not, people who skip breakfast are inclined to carry more weight than those who don’t.
– Avoid sugar. Sugar enables the body to store fat. It is recommended that a person eats food that helps keep an even level of blood-sugar.
– Eat spicy foods. Spicy food with peppers can speed up your metabolism.
– Sleep more. According to research, inadequate sleep can contribute to weight gain.
– Drink more water. Water flushes out toxins that are produced whenever the body burns fat.
– Eat more often. It’s recommended to consume 4 to 6 small meals daily rather than two or three large meals.
– Never skip meals. People are inclined to skip meals in order to lose weight, which is a huge mistake because it slows down metabolism.
– Do away with stress! Metabolism is reduced by the release of a steroid known as cortisol, which is caused by stress.
– Drink plenty of green tea. Green tea speeds up your metabolism as does coffee, but there aren’t the side effects that coffee has if too much is consumed.
– Fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains, which are energy foods must be included in your diet.
Metabolism plays a significant part in weight loss, and with perseverance and willpower required to speed up your metabolism you will achieve the body weight you desire.